CS-Cart vs X-Cart, another comparison between two multi-vendor marketplacet. Nowadays most of the people want to build their own Amazon like marketplace. Somebody likes to use open source platform or somebody like to use SaaS.
In this article, we’ll make a comparison between CS-Cart vs X-Cart. Let’s start………
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: General Overview
It is a feature-rich shopping cart software that enables its users to manage online stores successfully. It is designed and developed for online retailers of all sizes with single and multiple shop solutions.
The platform offers rich set of features that include checkout systems, product management, stock comparisons, multi-store option. Its easy to use Admin panel provides full and straightforward website management, without necessary coding knowledge.
Every year they upgrade minimum 6 times and the suite is compatible with all modern server technologies.
More than 35,000 online stores in 172 countries are using this platform.
X-Cart is an eCommerce software, developed to create online stores. The platform is available either as web-based or downloadable (Windows, Mac and Linux) self-hosted solution. Main users of X-Cart are small and medium-sized business.
There are two versions of this platform: X-Cart 4 Classic and X-Cart 5, along with free demos. Users can make a choice that best suits their needs. The pricing scheme includes a free package and three different lifetime licenses package. The free package includes all essential, and some advanced features, such as newsletters, social features, and site builder.
There are all eCommerce features needed for building high-performing online stores. Users can professionally design their website, offer excellent user experience, track their inventory, and manage SEO and marketing tools. Social share buttons enable customers to share content and rate products.
More than 38,000 online stores in 111 countries around the world are using this platform.
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: Features
- Built-in Layouts Editor
- 200+ Beautiful Storefront Themes
- Customize Storefront in Real Time
- Smart Template Engine
- Edit HTML/CSS in browser
- Powerful Admin Panel
- Admin Mobile App
- Built-in Content Management
- Powerful Product Option
- Option Combinations
- Price and Weight Modifiers
- Sequential Options
- Catalog Inventory
- Downloadable Products Ready
- Full Control of Export & Import
- 50+ Payment Gateways
- Real-Time Shipping Rates
- Natural Customer Checkout
- Flexible Tax Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Sell on Facebook, eBay, Google Shopping
- Client-Side Optimization
- CDN Support just Out of the Box
- Server-Side Optimization
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly
- Good marketing and on-site search capabilities
- Upgrades in several clicks
- App store-like installation of extensions
- 400+ integrations with payment gateways, shipping carriers, etc.
- 24/7 technical support
Comparison of Features
CS-Cart vs X-Cart Features Comparison
|Third party plugins or addons||✓||X|
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: Integrations
This Multi-Vendor integrates with the following business systems and applications, and around 80 plus payment and shipping services.
- Stripe Connect
You can use a wide range of add-on to improve store’s performance and customize it according to your business.
X-Cart offers wide range of integrations with its technology partners. The integration modules are free, but the fees to the service provider may occur according to their pricing schemes.
- Segment, a powerful data aggregation tool that sends the collected data to number of marketing tools for analysis and storage. It automatically integrates your online store with Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Localytics, RJ Metrics, SalesForce, HubSpot, Optimizely, Crazy Egg, ZenDesk, SalesMachine, Clicky and more than hundred of others
- Mailchimp and Mandrill for email marketing
- Shipping carriers like UPS, USPS, FedEx, CanadaPost, AustraliaPost, DHL, Pitney Bowes, Pilibaba
- AvaTax for real-time tax-calculating service
- 70+ direct certified integrations with payment gateways, including PayPal, Sage Pay, Authorize.net, Pay with Amazon, 2Checkout, eWay, Skrill.
- X-Payments: PA-DSS certified payment application that supports tokenization to enable subscriptions and credit card saving in PCI-compliant way. Adds 50+ payment gateway integrations.
- Quickbooks, NetSuit, Xero accounting software – via Unify
Besides, there’s a large choice of paid integration modules that add even more power:
- WordPress – a bidirectional integration is possible: either add a blog to existing ecommerce website or embed products and categories inside the posts of your blog
- eBay, Amazon, Shopzilla, Google Shopping, Nextag, Pricegrabber and other sales channels
- Integrate your store with Facebook
- Kount and NoFraud (via X-Payments) to prevent fraud
- Google Trusted Stores
The X-Cart marketplace offers a wide range of both X-Cart own and third-party vendor add-ons and modules you can use to customize your store even further.
Comparison of Integration
Comparison of Integration
|Post Affiliate Pro||✓||✓|
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: Pricing
It has two pricing plan: Free trial and Multi-vendor.
The price of multi-vendor is $1450.
CS-Cart Multi-Vendor offers the following inclusions in one pricing plan.
- Ready storefront
- Website content management
- Unlimited number of products and categories
- Downloadable products
- Product options and variants
- 50+ Built-in add-ons
- Unlimited product filters
- Automatic inventory control
- Real-time shipping rate estimation
- Online payment gateways
- One-page checkout
- Marketing & promotion tools
- Membership levels & access permission rules
- Bonus system & customer loyalty rewards
- Multi-channel retailing
- Search engine friendly URLs
- Return merchandise authorization
- Multiple languages, currencies and products
- Product option combination exceptions
- “Powered by CS-Cart…” link can be altered or removed
- Shipment management
- Ebay synchronization add-on
- Facebook commerce
- Free technical support – 50 credits
- Cloud search – up to $54/month
- Admin mobile app
- Separate admin panel for vendors
- Vendors can use own shipping methods
- Free technical support – 30 days
The pricing plan of X-Cart is as under:
Included in plan:
- Open Source Code
- 100% SEO & Mobile Friendly Design
- Powerful Design Tweaker
- Drag-n-Drop Layout Editor
- XML Sitemap
- 5 Free and 50+ Paid Themes
- Instant Product Search With Suggestions & Synonyms Support
- Multiple Languages
- Catalog Only Mode
- One Step Checkout & Multiple Step Checkout
- Accept Credit Cards
- 120+ Payment Gateways
- Real Time & Pre-Defined Shipping Quotes
- Real Time & Pre-Defined Tax Rates
- Address Book
- Anonymous and User Registration Checkout
- Product Options and Attributes
- Import/Export/Update Data via CSV
- Payment and Fulfilment Order Statuses
- Partial Refunds & Multiple Transactions
- Orders Import and Export
- Featured Products
- Market/List Price for Products
- Rotating Banner at Home Page
- PayPal Here POS
- Facebook Messenger Integration
- MailChimp Integration
- OpenGraph, Facebook Comments, Social Buttons
$495.00 (Lifetime License)
Included in plan:
- Automatic Currency and Language Detection
- Amazon S3/Cloudfront Integration
- Custom Product Tabs
- Product Comparison, Filter and Review
- Facebook, Google and Paypal Login For Customers
- Downloadable Products and File Attachments
- Selling Pin Codes, Activation Numbers, License Keys
- Product Variants and Combinations, Tags and File Attachments
- Ability to Attach Files to Products for Customers
- Bulk Editing
- Ability to Adjust Orders
- Operate as a User
- Custom Order Statuses
- Messaging With Customers
- Full Payment Transactions History
- Mobile Admin App
- Sale Products
- Wholesale Prices
- Discount Coupons
- Related Products
- New Arrivals
- Coming Soon Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Recently Viewed Products
$1,495.00 (Lifetime license)
Included in plan:
- Separate Store for Each Vendor
- Warehouse Operation Mode
- Trusted and Non-Trusted Vendors
- Individual Commission Rate for Each Vendor
- PayPal Adaptive with Automatic Commissions Transfer
- Transaction History per Vendor
$5,995.00 (Lifetime license)
Included in plan:
- One Paid Theme of Your Choice
- Multilevel Primary Top Menu
- Tree-like Categories Menu
- Shop by Brand
- Infinite Catalog Scrolling
- Right to Left Language Support
- Product Stickers
- Product Questions
- Color Swatches
- Paid Memberships
- Hide Prices for Non-Registered Users
- Lookup Product Details by UPC and Name
- 1 year of CloudSearch + CloudFilters (Gold plan)
- Recurring Payments & Ability to Save Credit Cards
- Memberships for Payment Methods
- Payment Method Fees
- Force Customers to Register Before Checkout
- Manual Tax Exemptions
- Import/Export/Update Data via Excel
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Order Returns
- Order ReportS
- PDF Documents
- Google Shopping, Shopping.com, Nextag, Pricegrabber, Shopzilla
- Amazon Feeds
- eBay Integration Subscription (1 year, Large plan)
- Advanced Banner System
- Popup Anywhere
- Loyalty Program
- Call For Price
- Customer Satisfaction
- Back in Stock Notifications
- Advanced Blog System
- Products Carousel
- Exit Offers
- Special Offers: Buy X Get Y
- Special Offers: Spend X Get Y
- Backorder and Preorder
- Mobile ShopApp
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: Themes and Design
The marketplace has both free and paid themes.
The free ones are a bit basic and the paid ones can be expensive.
You can add some powerful SEO tools, a decent blog function, promotions and sales, and cross-sells like “customers also bought” features.
Plus there are a lot of optimization opportunities to increase site speed, and eventually, search engine ranking.
When it comes to online store design templates, X-Cart is a bit limited compared to other multi-vendor shopping cart providers. This shopping cart only features a dozen free CCS-based themes, 4 free color schemes, and around 35 paid design templates.
RESPONSIVE TEMPLATES FOR MOBILE
All themes from X-Cart feature a responsive design for mobile. This means your online store will automatically adjust the screen size of any device that’s used to access it, offering an optimal display for that device.
“Webmaster mode” allows you to quickly change and modify any template. After applying changes, you can view your own store just as customers would see it by clicking a bar above the top-level navigation.
CS-Cart vs X-Cart: Conclusion
CS-Cart vs X-Cart platforms has their own advantages and disadvantages. So, your choice will be based on your individual requirements. If you need an independent eCommerce platform, and you don’t require much customization, then X-Cart will be an excellent option for you. But if your need is to extend the quality and functionality of your store in an easier way, then CS-Cart may the perfect solution for you.