If you are thinking about marketing with Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools, you might thinking also how to get started? We think you are not only facing this question, this is also a common question on a lot of professional mind. AI Marketing is becoming very popular nowadays.
That’s why we created this article to introduce you how Artificial Intelligence tools can be used to scale, improve and personalize your content.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines which work and react like humans.
It has become an essential part of the technology industry nowadays. Some of the key activities computers with artificial intelligence are designed for include:
- Speech recognition
- Problem solving
Here are a just a few examples of the massive usage of artificial intelligence in our modern business ecosystems:
- Self-driving cars
- Automated manufacturing processes
- Image recognition applications
- AI enabled supply chain management
- Machine learning enabled marketing
According to a report, the machine learning market is expected to grow from USD 1.03 Billion in 2016 to USD 8.81 Billion by 2022 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 44.1% .
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Content Marketing
Consider how much time you and your team are spending on content marketing activities. Like discovering keywords; planning blog post topics; writing, optimizing, personalizing and automating content; testing landing pages; scheduling social shares; reviewing analytics, and shaping content strategies.
According to the QuanticMind, more than 97% of the industry experts believe that the future of the digital marketing will be influenced by machine learning techniques and AI-based marketing automation. For skillful people, artificial intelligence going to be the future of digital marketing.
The major drivers of AI-based content marketing include the following:
- Chatbots for great user experience
- Personalization of content marketing at scale
- Micro-moments or right information at the right time
- Increasing volume of social sharing
- The advent of modern AI tools
- Predictive intelligence based content creation
The marking and sales impact on modern businesses due to machine learning is amazingly high. According to the Capgemini Consulting report, more than 75% of companies boosted sales by more than 10% by implementing these methods in their content marketing strategies.
How AI Are Changing Content Marketing
The difference between AI based content marketing and the traditional marketing is quite clear. Traditional content marketing is launched with very limited insight into the behaviors and purchasing patterns of the targeted audience. On the other hand, AI-based digital marketing are fully equipped with specific information about customer behavior, purchasing patterns and many other parameters. This added information can help in achieving better conversion rates.
Numerous kinds of Machine Learning models are used in present-day for digital marketing to unleash the power of AI in the modern businesses.
A few very important AI-based marketing models include the following:
- Effective risk prediction and interventions
- Efficient predictive data modeling
- AI based pay per click campaigns
- AI insight based content campaigns
- Highly targeted email campaigns
- Real-time content help through chat-bots and other tools
All of the above models powered by different types of algorithms that help marketers to increase the targeted customer outreach, improve the relevance of their audience, and create a great user experience.
Key Benefits of AI in Content Marketing
Artificial intelligence are extensively changing the landscape of modern content marketing. Numerous tools based on powerful machine learning languages are doing a great job in the content marketing domain. And many new tools, cloud-based platforms and apps, are emerging in the eCommerce marketplace on a regular basis.
There are many great benefits offered by AI based marketing. Some of important ones are listed below:
- Improved content marketing qualified leads
- Increased sales qualified leads
- Improved insight into customer behaviors for better positioning of content marketing strategies
- Increased relevance of the targeted audience
- Data-driven optimization of content marketing drives
- Increasing precision of content marketing campaigns
- Increasing sales and profitability
- Reducing the overall content marketing cost
- Quick solutions to content marketing problems
- Improved user experience and customer satisfaction
- Fast and accurate sales projections and forecasts
- Development of strong customer relationship and support
- Substantial reduction in customer churn
- Increased competitive advantages
- Reduction in unnecessary stocks and inventory through smarter point-of-sale systems
- Getting better value from big data
- Better fine-tuning of propensity models for focused content marketing strategies
- Improved personalized content marketing
- Accurate incentive and interactive content marketing portfolios
- Provides 360 degrees customer view
- Effective exploitation of business opportunities
The main objective of AI based content marketing is to better understand the customer and provide intelligent solutions.
Examples of Companies Using AI in Content Marketing
According to Statista, Digital advertising spending would amount to 117.53 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 and the global digital ad spend is expected to amount to more than 335 billion U.S. dollars by 2020.
The statistics clearly indicates that, companies are spending extravagantly in the domain of digital marketing.
There are some examples of big companies that are using AI marketing for their businesses. A few very important examples are given below:
- Amazon uses AI and Machine Learning tools for its online store
- Netflix uses predictive analysis tool for better content curation
- Google is using for website ranking
- Yelp for image processing
- Pinterest uses for its recommendation algorithms and content detection for better user experience
- IBM Watson’s extensive use in the better recommendation for cancer treatments in many healthcare organizations in the USA and abroad
- Salesforce uses its Einstein Machine Learning Technology for scoring and lead prediction purposes in digital content marketing
- Virgin Mobile uses Amperlo AI-based marketing platform for customer life value maximization and optimization of customer interactions
- Walmart uses machine learning based software for anticipating customer needs and providing best solutions for them
Some Artificial Tools to Scale Your Marketing and Improve Productivity
Here are some cost-effective AI tools that you can use to save time, scale up marketing efforts, and improve customer experience.
MarketMuse is a helpful tools for competitive analysis, SEO, and content research, and makes the process faster.
This tool uses artificial intelligence to help make content more relevant to a niche. It lets you know about search terms that you haven’t used on your website. Marketers can use this tool’s free version to analyze and fill in content gaps.
The cloud-based software allows content creators to check the relevance of a page relative to a niche and provides a report of the keyword consistency along with recommendations for improvement.
Exceed.ai uses AI technology by helping marketing teams qualify leads and speed up the sales process. It’s a cloud-based software that helps sales and marketing professionals communicate with qualify leads at any time from anywhere.
It works as a virtual sales assistant helping automate email communication and personalizing chat. This tools speaks to prospects and understands their product requirements before a human sales representative can take the conversation further.
The software comes with intelligent technologies like meeting scheduler, user-profiling, and personalized lead nurturing.
This tool takes the hard work out of creating professional-looking slideshow videos. The tools uses AI technology to summarize a blog post and then convert it into a video. Copy the link of a blog article into this video creator and it will give you a slideshow that you can further edit and then create the final video. The tool allows content creators to add a brand logo, images, and music according to their choice.
The paid version of this software costs $49 per month
The customer is at the heart of any marketplace. If a marketer knows the audience’s pain points, then half of his/her job is complete.
Chorus is an AI based platform that helps marketers gather customer data by recording and analyzing sales calls. The software collects call notes and puts them into the organization’s CRM tool. It helps create an information backlog that’s replete with customer insights and preferences. It acts like ai content generator.
The AI technology ensures that marketers can save their time on interviewing sales teams as it provides insights into why a deal did or did not close. Using this conversation tracking tools, sales teams can focus on selling instead of making reports on each customer interaction.
Social media listening is a popular way for marketers to learn about their targeted audience, brand conversations, and competition. NetBase takes social listening to a new level by infusing machine learning and deep learning methods into the process.
It provides real-time and quick insights about audience reactions and sentiments on company news and updates. The software enables professionals to analyze millions of social media conversations in no time at all, helping them to focus on strategy.
NetBase assists social media marketers with many insights like audience behavior, sentiment, and drivers.
OneSpot uses machine learning to simplify the personalizing and promoting content at scale . The software understands user behavior and context to deliver relevant content. It divides branded content into topics and sub-topics to identify individual content preferences before putting it up on the right channel.
The artificial intelligence based platform provides a variety of solutions such as:
- Website Individualization – It helps businesses to provide personalized content to website visitors on the web and on mobile devices. The tool automates content experiences and user journeys based on behavioral preferences of website visitors. The platform also helps marketers track qualitative site metrics such as content quality and user engagement.
- Email Individualization – The email marketing tool helps to deliver personalized content from a website to every subscriber. The tools automates and optimizes email marketing, working to make it more productive and result-driven. Many marketers can face the challenge of failing to send a targeted number of emails. The software solution solves the problem by making email marketing more efficient.
Curata helps content marketers discover and share high-performing content. It uses artificial intelligence to help content marketers search for the most useful and relevant content in their niche.
The software also helps its users promote the content across online channels and allows marketing professionals to edit curated content and give their brand a voice before promoting it.
A few important ones are listed below:
- Motiva AI
- Adobe audience manager
- Oracle BlueKai
- Automated Insights
- Salesforce Einstein
Common Mistakes to Avoid in AI Based Marketing
Artificial intelligence technology have progressed tremendously. However, the role of the marketer has not diminished yet and still needs the help of human strategies.
A good marketing strategist should avoid the following common mistakes while planning AI-based marketing strategies.
- Extensively relying on gut feeling
- Planning with less customer information
- Forgetting to analyze and test the performance of marketing campaigns
- Ignoring repetitive or loyal customers
- Targeting a broader and generic audience
- Focusing on multiple outcomes
- Adopting generic customer approach
- Depending on the valueless content
- Ignoring relevance and touch-point approach
- Fully relying on marketing channels only
Content Marketing Careers are About to Change Rapidly
This is only the beginning of AI based marketing. While developments are moving fast, most content marketers have not undertaken much study on how AI can—and will—affect their jobs, performance, and businesses.
Artificial intelligence not only automate or augment certain content marketing activities but will also alter how marketing channels work—and which skill sets are required to thrive in the near future.
When AI marketing systems are able to automatically optimize search and paid campaigns, the skills valued in marketers will change. As AI marketing is increasingly able to generate insightful reports, the type of analysis required of and valued by marketers will be different than in the past. If AI marketing is able to write basic content, content marketers will need to adapt.
This is obvious: marketing skills will change with the times. But with AI marketing, these skills will change faster than in the past. As intelligent systems learn and improve, they will become more and more capable of performing complex tasks formerly reserved for humans.
The future of digital marketing is closely associated with artificial intelligence based marketing. A huge number of big business corporations are already benefiting. Now, many small and medium-sized business organizations are extensively pursuing this path to get the most of its great power in the domain of digital marketing.
You may also like: The Ultimate Guide to eCommerce Sales Funnel