WooCommerce Square is a popular payment gateway for business organizations that attract both online and point-of-sale purchases. Square is often used with mobile devices like tablets and smartphones for remote transactions. By using this free woocommerce plugin you can expand your in-store business to online sales easily. Square payments are only available in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan or the UK.
WooCommerce Square Installation Requirements
- WooCommerce 2.6.o or higher version
- PHP version 5.3 or above
- WordPress version 4.4 or above
- cURL installed on server
- Square account
- SSL certificate
- And of course the location set in your square account
Create a Square account
To create a square account:
- Go to squareup.com/signup
- Enter your mail address and confirm the same mail
- Create a password
- Enter a business location
- And finally continue to complete the account creation process.
Please keep in mind to stay logged into Square during setup of your WooCommerce Square plugin.
- Download the installation .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Now log into your WordPress site and navigate to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloade using Choose File option.
- And Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
After installation complete, you have to setup and configure WooCommerce Square account.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- Enter your Address according to the above screenshot. You must have to use supported countries that mentioned in the first para.
- Now Save the Changes.
Connecting WooCommerce Square
- After complete the general settings, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Square.
- Connect with square like the above screenshot.
- Log into your square account (Assume that you are already logged in)
- You will be prompted to Verify identity of your site/store with That’s My Site – Redirect Me option.
After verification you will be returned to Square settings.
This settings option will be found at WooCommerce > Settings > Integration.
- Select the Connect/Disconnect button to Disconnect from Square(if are connected)
- Select a Business Location from the drop down menu. It will be entered and pulled from your Square account.
- Enter your email address in Notification Email box.
- Put a tick on Log debug message option. You can view logs at: WooCommerce > Status > Logs and select the log that starts with woocommerce_square_sync.
- Put a tick on Enabled Products checkbox for products synchronization.
- To sync your product categories put tick on Sync Categories check box.
- Tick on Sync Inventory check box to sync your product inventory .
- To sync your product images tick on Sync Images check box.
- To auto-sync Square to WooCommerce click on Enable check box.
- There is a choice to Initiate a Manual Sync.
- Now Save changes.
Square Payment Gateway Settings
For payment gateway settings:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Use the toggle option under Enabled to select Square.
- Now Click on Set up.
- Tick the checkbox to Enable/Disable Square as the Payment option.
- Now enter a Title.
- Enter a Description.
- An optional field Delay Capture to pre-authorize a charge and not capture it until later.
- Create Customer (optional).
- Put Tick on the Log Debug Messages checkbox.
- Now Save Changes.
Customers will see the payment option as like the following.
You may also like: Use Woocommerce Square to Run Online Business