WooCommerce Slack is the heart of your Slack channel conversations and allows you to send notifications to Slack channels whenever payment in WooCommerce is complete. In this article, we will show you how to install and configure WooCommerce slack easily to your woocommerce site.
To use WooCommerce slack for your online store you must have to have a Slack account.
Installation of WooCommerce Slack
To install and set up of this plugin. Follow the steps below:
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce Account and save it to your Desktop/Laptop.
- Now Log in to your WooCommerce site.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the downloaded ZIP file.
- Click on Install Now and
- Then Activate
Setup and Configuration of WooCommerce Slack
Slack API Key
After logging into your slack account, you have to create a new token by visiting Slack API Page and visit the Legacy token generator section at the bottom of the same page:
To set up WooCommerce Slack on your online store:
- Navigate to, WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Slack.
- API Key: Enter your Slack API key that you collected from Slack API page.
- Sender Name: Enter a Sender Name in this field.
- Now click on Save changes to verify the API key, whether it is correctly entered or not.
ο If you enter the incorrect API key, an error will appear.
ο If everything goes right way, other settings page will appear. You may need to refresh the page.
- Default Channel(s): Select a default channel here.
- Default Emoji: Set a default Emoji here. For further details on Emoji, see below the Emoji section.
- Sender Name: You already entered here earlier.
- Debug mode: Put tick on the check box to enable debug mode for troubleshooting purposes. Keep it black will be set as disable.
- Notifications Events: You will see seven notifications under this events. For more details see Notifications section below.
- Send Test: You will get details on Send Test Notifications on Test section below.
- Reload channels: If you have added new channels to Slack, and they’re not showing then select Reload channels.
- Now Save Changes to save the current settings.
You might know that Emoji are ideograms and smileys used in electronic messages and web pages. WooCommerce Slack allows you to use any emojis available via the Emoji Cheat Sheet. You can also use these Emojis as your notification ‘icons’!
Default one will be like the following:
You can also set different emojis for specific notifications as you wish:
Slack allow you to add Custom Emoji that can be used in your account’s chat and in WooCommerce Slack.
You can assign a new ‘code’ to use the emoji, like :wooninja:, and then use it in your WooCommerce Slack settings.
With WooCommerce Slack you can enable seven (7) notification events. All notifications are optional and all will appear when you will enable all.
After enabling any notification, you will get the following options as like the following screenshot:
- Channel: Set specific channel to send this notification
- Emoji: Set your specific emoji for this notification
- Custom Notification Message: Type any custom message to use for this notification, made using the notification’s unique template tags.
- Extended Notification: There are Some notifications which have the option to send more detailed, several row notifications (like new order notifications with line item information).
New Order Notification
There is also an extra option for the new order notification:
If you enable the New order option, you’ll get a screen like the following:
- Free Orders: If you enable this option, notifications are also sent for free orders.
- Extended Notification: After enabling this option, it’s possible to build your own custom notification messages for each notification type. Just after each notification, the available template tags are listed.
Special ‘Slack Formatting’ is like:
- Bold: Wrap in *. eg. *some bold text*
- Italic: Wrap in _. eg. _some italic text_
- Links: Wrap in [[ & ]], with the format [[url|text to display]]. eg.
If you want to test the extension, the Permission Scopes in Slack need to be set as follows:
For sending any Test Notification, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Slack and click on the Send Test Notification button.
There are so many filters that can be used to customize the plugin and its notification messages.
Read More: WooCommerce Slack
You may also like: WooCommerce Currency Converter Widget Installation and Configuration