Basically eCommerce homepage is like a physical storefront and the landing page is like a pop-up shop. A landing page is usually the first contact point for any potential customers. It gives people an impression and attraction of what a store sells, and invites them to visit and explore. In this article we will discuss few tips to execute eCommerce landing page tweaks that will increase customer conversions.
eCommerce landing page stats
Just a few years ago, the average business owner was unfamiliar with the landing page and how to get more traffic from this. But today marketers everywhere are using them. They are looking at buyer behavior, page load times, customers feedback and more to get more customer conversions.
Here are some statistics on landing page to give you further insight into the role of landing page.
- According to MarketingSherpa’s 2011 Landing Page Optimization Benchmark Report, 56% of marketers consider optimizing form logic to have a very significant impact on website performance, and 46% of marketers consider optimizing form layout to have a very significant impact.
- According to eyeview, videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%.
- Hubspot says that, Companies do see a 55% increase in leads when increasing their number of landing pages from 10 to 15. They also added that Companies having 40 or more landing pages on their website will get more leads than others.
Here are few landing page tips and updates that deliver increased conversions time and time again.
1. Establish a Memorable First Impression
Firstly, you have to establish a memorable first impression through your eCommerce landing page. Your landing page should have a fresh look with unique design. This will make difference from other page. Add infographic photos to make your landing page visually appealing. You can also add high quality image to your products pages.
Another way to create a first impression from your eCommerce landing page is to break down your site into main content types and set out frameworks and approaches for each.
Examples of landing page types will likely include:
- Company and brand pages.
- Service pages.
- Category and product level pages.
- Cornerstone/evergreen/hero content.
2. Maximize empty space with more information
Normally empty space is very important on a eCommerce landing page for a readers. It focus on a particular element. At the same time it gives rest of readers eye to read text continuously. These spaces increase the readability rate of your readers, so that readers can focus on the content.
Let’s have a look at the search engine giant google’s home page. The use of empty space is very clear with the purpose of the page.
Try to add more information on your product within “view” option. This tactics will increase the traffic on landing page and support faster sales in eCommerce based sites.
If you look at the product page of alibaba.com, they provide a details description on the product.
3. Build SEO-Friendly Landing Pages
SEO friendly landing pages are those that optimized for search engines. Most of the eCommerce landing pages have short or a small number of contents and thus developers think that landing pages should be optimized. But if you are targeting to get maximum conversion rate from landing page, you should not miss the opportunity.
If your website have higher ranking on search engine it will give more landing page traffic.
If your website haven’t higher ranking, you have to optimize your site. For that purpose you have to determine the keyword. Keyword research is a long term process. The more you research the more the better prepared you’ll be. Make a list of term that is relevant to your landing page.
Once you’ll determine your target key, you have to place them strategically on the landing page.
4. Pick the Perfect eCommerce Landing Page Colors
Persuasion is related to emotion. So, to persuade potential customers to buy your products you have to catch their emotion. The best way to do so is not in words or images but by color.
That’s why, color is crucial when it comes to creating a positive image in customer’s minds and thus important to carefully pick out the dominant color for your landing page.
When it comes to picking the right color for the right target audience, there are many color factors to consider. You have to also know the color meaning while choosing. Some colors and their meaning are as under:
- Blue – trust, security, sincerity
- Green – health, environmentalism, creativity
- Red – energy, excitement
- Pink – love, sexuality
- Purple – quality, royalty
- Black – sophistication, luxury
- Orange – enthusiasm, creativity
- Yellow – happiness, attention-grabbing
5. Focus on call-to-action (CTA)
The main purpose of eCommerce landing page is to get visitors to take some actions. Call-to-action (CTA) button is very important for landing page. In order to turn visitors into potential customers, they have to click on your landing page’s CTA button.
Here are some CTA formulas:
- Use Contrasting colors for CTA button. As a human we naturally attracted to a sharp colors.
- Use short, action oriented and understand able words.
- Show to your customers that your business is trustworthy and address your customer by using personal pronouns like “you” and “me”.
- Concentrate on the size of the CTA button.
- Location is another important part. Put your CTA on the lower right hand side and to keep it above the fold.
6. Make your eCommerce landing page mobile responsive
Mobile device has become very people today. So, you have to concentrate on this device and make sure that your website landing page is mobile responsive.
Below are few best practices for responsive eCommerce landing page design.
- Design your landing page in landscape smartphone viewpoint.
- Option to switch from landscape to portrait viewpoint.
- Create finger friendly forms – forms scale, fit, scroll, their field types.
- Keep more content in less space with more elegance.
- Make navigation tabs responsive design.
- Make sure that video and other third-party media is responsive as well.
7. Add a live chat tool to eCommerce landing page
Live chats can give higher conversion rates if executed in its maximum potential. It helps you connect with website visitors in real-time, so you can offer, help, generate leads and convert them into a customer.
- You have to be speedy in your performance. This is a communication opening for you and your audience so you should not waste this opportunity to build rapport with your audience.
- Always keep in mind of the peak times of your site or landing page traffic. By using this, you can be easily ready to support your customers specially at peak times.
- Do not forget to share your social media accounts in your chat experience with your customers.
- Optimize your live chat to its weakness. Always test and find if something hinders your live chat experience during your customers.
With these above different practices, your eCommerce landing page will be a success. To create a high-converting landing pages, tell the user what’s there for them and how they will benefit from buying your client’s products. You can also make it really easy to fill out forms and understand where the CTAs link to.
If you can understand your client’s users and designing for their needs, the landing page becomes more relevant and memorable, and therefore users are more likely to sign up for your client’s offers and will buy.
You may also like: Best WordPress Plugins To Make Website Mobile Friendly in 2019