Conversion rate is an important measure of any eCommerce store success. It gives you an idea on how many of the users visited your site for purchasing. If you maintain your conversion rate regularly and periodically improve it, that would obviously give better revenue for your store. You should have a set of strategies including advertising to get traffic to your site.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate optimization is the process of convincing more visitor on your website to take action. For example, you might want people to make a purchase from your WooCommerce shop.
Conversion rate optimization can apply to people in the following phases of the purchase process:
Discover: It is also known as demand generation. Those who are learning about your products and services and want to know what your brand is.
Choose: Taking the next step towards making a purchase. In eCommerce terms typically people visiting your website’s landing page.
Purchase: That have taken the final step and made a purchase from your eCommerce store.
During these stages, people like to do things like compare products, shop around for better prices and take their time for final decisions.
For this reason, if you want to boost your sales and generate more revenue, optimizing your WooCommerce store for higher conversions helps move the buying process with faster way.
Now let’s take a look at some eCommerce conversion rate optimization tips in details of all 3 stages of the buying process to get more site visitors to finalize transactions in your WooCommerce shop.
Measure funnel to diagnose problems
One of the best way to optimize the WooCommerce sales funnel and target customers at all stages of the buying process is to track your customer’s behavior on your website in Google Analytics.
From Discover to Choose
1. Find the right product
There are a number of ways to help customers what they are looking for:
- Improve onsite search: To improve onsite search add live search, filters, indexing and more with Product Search.
- Make it easy to compare products: customers like to compare Product to make this easier.
- Improve your site navigation: use AJAX Filtered Navigation to improve your site navigation. This let customers filter by attributes using swatches, size selectors and more – making it easier to find the right product.
- Enable Live Chat to proactively extend help to people browsing or display a chat window so they can reach out to you for any problem any time.
- Make it easy to parse key information at-a-glance. You can achieve this with formatting.
2. Customize product page layout
Customizing your product page layout in WooCommerce can lead to more conversions.
If you are able to write code yourself, you will be able to customize your WooCommerce Product Pages exactly as you imagine.
3. Include testimonials from other customers
If you have a huge volume of customer base who are active in social media, then offering social login might be a good idea. With the help of plugin, customers will be able to login to your site using one of their many social media accounts. Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, PayPal, etc. are the available options for login. In addition, customers can link their preferred accounts to your store, so that they can easily login for their purchase.
Customer reviews are useful with conversions as they pull through into search engine result pages – positive reviews can lead to more customers clicking through to your site and can increase your rankings over time.
If you have ratings enabled on your store and you have products that have been rated but not reviewed, you can use a different shortcode to display these in a “Top Rated Products” section.
4. Add rich information about your products
The product images of your site plays a big role in conversions. There are several cases where a good photo can inspire people to make a purchase decision from your store. This is particularly true for certain kind of products like cloth or furniture.
There are several extension that will help you provide images that appear to be real to potential customers.
Now a day, eCommerce customers research a lot before deciding on a purchase. Consider adding product documents to give customers the information they need. You can upload documents by using several extensions.
5. Run promotions to increase urgency
To increase urgency you can run promotions and highlight offers – including scheduling discounts, running flash sales, and using coupons, or free shipping based on order value, to drive conversions.
From Choose to Purchase
1. Make it easy to buy
- Enable Guest Checkout: there are advantage and disadvantage to guest checkout, but it’s easier for customers who want to breeze through checkout.
- Enable login with a social media account: allowing customers to sign in and create an account with social network likes Facebook or Twitter saves them time.
- Show prices in local currency: there are few widgets that will do this for you.
- Offer multiple payment methods: Customers may have preferences based on their region or have legitimate blockers to use a particular payment method.
- Offer flexible payment plans: offer the options of paying by Deposits or payment plans, if possible for your product or service.
2. Offer incentives to buy
After you have optimized how people find products on your store, understand your products on their product pages, and checkout – there a few further tricks you can try.
- Free shipping: the added sales you get from offering free shipping more often than not cover the cost.
- Discounts: offering special discounts based on how many products a customer buys or in what category can increase sales as well.
- Points: offering points for purchases lets you stay out of the discounting business.
Related Article: Quick Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization for WooCommerce