WooCommerce PayPal powered by Braintree is a WooCommerce Plugin which allows you to accept Credit Cards and PayPal Payments Gateway via Braintree. It authorizes credit card payments and processes them securely with Braintree merchant account.
Braintree Payment Gateway supports WooCommerce Subscriptions and Pre-Orders to bring new functionality to your payment gateway. WooCommerce Subscriptions allows you to set up recurring billing for your customers so you get payment on and every time. The pre-orders lets you take an order and charge the customer when that order ships, converting more sales for you since it reduces the hassle for the customer and encourages them to buy your product.
Requirements to Install PayPal Braintree
To install the WooCommerce plugin your store must have the following:
- Installed SSL certificate
- PHP 5.4 or higher version (to check go to WooCommerce > System Status)
- Support cURL by your hpsts
- WooCommerce 2.5 version or newer
To install PayPal Braintree,
→ Login to your Admin panel and go to Plugins > Add New.
→ Now go to the search panel to search for ‘PayPal powered by Braintree’ and hit Enter key.
→ Click Install Now button.
→ To activate Click on Activate button.
→ To learn how to set up and configure the plugin, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Braintree and read the next section.
→Download the PayPal Braintree plugin zip file
→ Login to your Admin panel. Go to Plugins > Add New.
→ Click on the “Upload” option, then click “Choose File“ to select the zip file from your computer. Once selected, press “OK“ button and press the “Install Now” button.
→ Activate the plugin.
→ Open the Settings page for WooCommerce and click the “Checkout” tab option.
→ Click on the sub-tab for “Braintree“ option.
→ Configure the “Braintree” settings. See below for details.
Setup and Configuration
To connect to PayPal Braintree, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Braintree (credit card or PayPal). Scroll down to enter Connection Settings.
To connect click on the Connect with Braintree button. You can also click on the ‘Learn more’ link on the top to read a few tips before starting.
When you click Connect with Braintree to start the integration it will take you to the Braintree original site, where you will have to enter the login details (if you have an existing account with Braintree) otherwise, you need to register for an account on the site. Once the registration will complete, you will be connected to Braintree.
If your store is not ready to accept live payments, you can use the link right below the button to connect in sandbox mode.
Now, authorize WooCommerce to use your Braintree account to process payments.
Click on ‘Agree and Return to WooCommerce’ button.
You may also like: Core Payment in WooCommerce With Paypal Standard
Credit Card Settings
For credit card settings, go to WooCommerce > Settings from the left side menu, then click “Checkout” from the top tab of menu. You should see “Braintree” option at the top of the screen.
- Enable/Disable – Tick/Untick on the check box to enable/disable Braintree Payment Gateway.
- Title – It will allow you to determine what your customers will see this payment option as on the checkout page, default is “Credit card”.
- Description – This will control the message that appears under the payment fields on the checkout page.
- Card Verification (CSC) – Enable to require customers to enter their CVV / CID (Card Security Code) during checking out.
- Transaction Type – It controls how transactions are submitted to Braintree. Choose Charge or Authorization. Default settings is Charge. If you select Authorization, you must manually capture and settle your payments in your Braintree control panel or on the WooCommerce orders screen after the transaction has been submitted.
- Charge Virtual-Only Orders – Shown if Transaction Type is set to Authorization. Enable it to force charges on order containing only virtual items so they’re captured immediately instead of authorized.
- Accepted Cards Types – It controls card logos that display during checkout.
- Tokenization – Enable to allow customers to save the payment methods for future use at checkout. If you use Subscriptions or Pre-Orders you must enable it and also enable the vault in your Braintree account.
- Detailed Decline Messages – You must enable this to display detailed messages to customers on reason for declines when possible instead of a generic error message.
- Debug Mode – Enable debug messages to be sent to the WooCommerce System Status log. As a best practice do not enable this unless you are having issues with the plugin.